The ladies don't mind, in five

23 March 2012

shot_1326579992120.jpg

Loud...

It's been awhile since we sat around this table, sharing stories and pistachios. Life gets in the way and we have babies and work and the carpool lane, so we cancel and wait and try again. The stars align and reunite around a hard day dark with thunder. One feels a burden and we stop on the spot and ask for grace.

This is how we do it. This is how we keep going. This is how we pray.

Going around the table, we catch up. We split a cupcake and make room for seconds. We tell jokes and I laugh too loud and the baby cries. I'm so sorry, I say. I'm so loud. No really, my voice carries and babies cry. She shushes me in the best way, oh don't worry, she says, it's not you. She leaves for a minute and he calms down and sweet silence flows over our meal.

We are sisters once again, made family because of Jesus. And we keep talking and eating and I laugh again, loudly.  It feels so good to laugh, to be loud, to have friends who want to know, who feel the pains and the joys.

I wait for the cry, but no baby this time. He's asleep and we smile.

---------------------------------------------



THE RULES:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – 
no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back to GypsyMama and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you and encourage them in their comments.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! There is nothing quite like the friendship of sisters gathered around a table. Thanks for inviting us in to the joy that you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me miss you more. So glad you made the time to reconnect and refresh!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS