Where I can see their eyes, in five

09 September 2011

In real life, I serve them tea. I sit down and try to listen without interjecting. They drink and talk and laugh, even while the children run in and out. They grab ahold of one of them, probably the girl, and tickle and laugh some more. We run out of tea, so I turn the kettle on and sit for the 60 seconds or so, just long enough for the story to finish and the water to boil.

In real life, we sit up close. In real life, I can see their eyes. In real life...  they want to know. When are we coming back, so we can live life with them? Really.

IMG_5807

It's Five Minute Friday, don't you know, and in real life I am where He has me. 
Where are you?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. In real life we are where He has us. so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Chairs pulled up close, tea nursed in embracing hands, gentle words falling on ears, it's my favorite way to spend time with my real life sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "tea"
    lol.
    Loved it.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They drink and talk and laugh"--hardly anything more real than that...or more beautiful. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, real life for me this evening was choosing to take a walk with my family up to the ice cream shop when I hadn't yet finished my weekly blog post. Can't miss those moments!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS