A short list of the amazing things that happened this month:
- The Boy, having attended two kids clubs and one camp, made a friend (or two, or three!)
- Having become a commuter and a bookclubber, I made a friend (or two, or three!)
- Husband unofficially began full-time ministry
- Six campers put their trust in Christ
- Our crate came! We are now sleeping in our own beds and we are surrounded by family pictures.
- I got to design and edit (and finish!) our field orientation manual
- My mom bought a plane ticket to visit in November
- The Boy is enrolled in school
- Summer has come to Ireland - at least for the last 3 days!
- The Girl continues to live her happy Irish life
I'm beginning to learn the importance of writing down these (big and small) milestones... to remember God's faithfulness, despite my reticence; to rejoice in His strength, despite my weakness.
Just as I wrote this, a letter came in the post... from our church, and our dear friends. And a quote:
"Don't sweat the petty things,and don't pet the sweaty things!"
Truer words were never spoken.