Five Friday Favourites

13 December 2013

CHRISTMAS EDITION! We're very literally in a vastly different place than we were last Christmas and I try (sometimes unsuccessfully) to maintain some semblance of tradition and familiarity among our ever-changing scenery. So here are a few favourite things that are keeping us all in the holiday spirit!

1) This old picture ornament of Ella. Our tree is filled with old photos that tell stories of our children. We carry them in a shoebox across oceans. And this one... I hardly remember her like this, as her personality today is as big as her eyes are brown. But I remember we were on holiday at my dad's and she had just woken from a nap, walking away from me in the April Kansas sun. She was simply golden.



2) Eastside Manor Christmas Sessions 2013. I'm always on the hunt for new Christmas music and was so excited to see several of my friends promote this folky album from Noisetrade. So far, so good.

3) Family coming for Christmas! I've been shouting near and wide how my Granny is coming for Christmas, 92 year old Eleanor the First. She's only been to Ireland once before and needed to make a return trip before her passport expires. And even though we'll be seeing her in May for my sister's wedding, and even though my mum was just here in August, I can't wait to open our doors wide to them early Thursday morning. I also can't wait for her French Silk Pie. That may or may not be the main reason we invited her. Just sayin'.

4) Family cinema parties. I love Christmas movies almost as much as I love to torture my children with Christmas movies. They always say they don't like Elf, but every year they sit all the way through it and laugh till the end.

5) Storytime snuggles with the two puppies.


What's on your plate this holiday season? Favourite Christmas album or movie? Favourite tradition? 

4 comments:

  1. that's awesome! Enjoy your grandma's visit - what wonderful memories these will be for years to come. I'm looking forward to my parents visiting us from Europe this Christmas. It's been a year, and we all miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara! How fun your family is coming to Hawaii for Christmas. I'm sure the memories will be phenomenal!

      Delete
  2. Elf, Love Actually, White Christmas. I like to watch those three every year. Enjoy your time with family this holiday - how nice that they can visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to all those Shana! Happy Christmas to you!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS