Why I'm an editor at heart

15 September 2008

Because I constantly write something, delete it, write something, delete it, etc. etc. It never says exactly what I want it to say, how I want to say it, and never has the ability to be said (or typed) without consequences... of course I think of all the amazing writers who don't give a hoot about the consequences (James Frey, anyone?), but they don't live off of support like I do. Or at least, not in the same way. If they something provocative, they get paid more! And go on Oprah!

To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen...first, Coffeegirl wanted me to contact you (she's away from the Internet right now) and let you know that she has placed you on her blog roll...she looks forward to seeing more of you on her blog and hopes that many new friends will come your way too.

    Second, congratulations! You are published in the WOTH onlineMagazine: https://www.womenoftheharvest.com/emag/sep08b.asp

    You are receiving many comments commiserating with your "unedited" heart. May the only consequences you feel be freedom.

    I am enjoying reading your posts. Loved your "Top Ten". Target, eh??
    I go in there every season just to see what new color/design the plastic dinner is...you may be a font dork, but I am a color freak.

    Your culture shock stories are so normal...keep writing from your heart, Cindy Blomquist, Women of the Harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your blog on the Coffeegirl blog role and thought I'd check it out. I really enjoy it! I like your writing style and sense of humor and you've got some great pictures. I can relate to lots of what you talk about. It's kind of a bummer I don't actually *know* you because I feel like we could be friends. So anyway, I just thought I'd say hi and let you know I'll be keeping up with your blog so I feel less like an internet stalker. :)
    Blessings, Ruth in China

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS