a year at HOME

03 January 2013

It's somewhat ironic that as I write this, we're off the grid. The home we built here in America - among our friends and family in Kansas City, squared in by coloured pencils on walls - has closed its doors. I hugged my mother in the parking lot of our apartment and said goodbye, again. We are living out of suitcases, many many suitcases, waiting to see where our home will be on the other side.

And I was thinking that maybe I needed a word this year, to keep me grounded in life and family and the winding journey God has placed before us. But with everything changing - not a single thing will be the same a week from now, apart from the five of us - how do i pick a word now?

But then I knew... and I think you do, too. You know what eludes me, what it is I'm looking for, what will stay the same, the challenge God has been giving me over and over with every new start. So my one word for 2013 is HOME. 

This year, starting even now in a cold Wisconsin living room and amidst the chaos of files and boxes and passports, creating home for our kids, for our marriage, for our work, for our new friends and neighbours, for the spirit of God within me and for the heart of Jesus where our home rests and waits for us. I still have so much to learn, to practice, to look for, to cultivate.



A year at home, what will that look like? Honestly, I don't have a clue!

***

Do you do New Year's resolutions, or have you one word for 2013? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS