A diamond jubilee

30 August 2012


Four years ago, my mother and I climbed a large hill; many hills, actually. She came to visit us in Ireland, and we walked and walked, visited the sea a dozen or more times, drank tea and ate scones. All of my favourite pictures of her were taken during that trip.

IMG_2571

DSCN0547

DSCN0341

As you can see, we kept her on Ella Duty.

IMG_2520

DSCN0537

Thank you for helping me become the mother I needed to be, for sending me where I needed to go, for showing me how to be simultaneously independent and wholly dependent on God. 

We wish you, Queen of our tiny tribe, a happy diamond jubilee. And many more.

DSCN0468

1 comment:

  1. ... and showing you where Bono lives. Thank you, my darling.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS