(Note: Some of you are new to Pregnant Karen, but several of you who read this are more than familiar with the wacky, illogical and hysteria-like ramblings of Pregnant Karen in her 3rd trimester. To the new people - I hope this doesn't make you question your judgment in following my blog.)
Top 10 Things I'm Freaking Out About
- All the crap I have to buy just to take into hospital with me. I don't want to give birth in a night shirt with pink hearts on it. And what if this baby is huge and all the newborn things I have to take to put him/her in don't fit? And bring my own towels? Seriously? My hospital bag is already full and I still have to find/get about 6-10 items!
- How on earth are we going to fit three child carseats in the back seat of our car? It's not like we can just get a new one, or trade up like normal people.
- What if we run out of money/funding and have to move back to the States with a newborn? How permanent is this home we're bringing a child into? And where would we go or what would we do?
- I can no longer bend over, so I feel like everything around me is a dirty mess or falling apart and all I can do is just stand there and cry or try to talk the children into doing my work for me, which isn't going really well.
- I have still not met my doctor. At this point I hope I don't have to meet him and can just have a lovely midwife/nurse/stranger by my side during delivery.
- This baby is measuring three weeks ahead of where he/she should be. I have now been put on a several-week-long waiting list for a sonogram. But I'm sure everything's fine, right?
- Potty training.
- The boy and girl won't sleep at night. They wake up at varying intervals screaming/crying/talking and then wake the other one up and then it takes hours for them to go back to (and stay) asleep. Am I to assume I will be getting up in the night with THREE children in a matter of weeks?
- How do I take maternity leave from a "job" I technically don't have? And can I start now?
- How is this all going to turn out? Will we be OK?
Welcome to Week 33.