A good cry with God

31 March 2009

Sunday night as we were leaving church, we stepped outside to the smell of the spring rain. More specifically, the smell of a Kansas spring rain. And I cried.

Which leads me to my short little list for the day. Every so often (not too often as not to get permanently drenched in one's own tears) I like to have a little cry with God. I have a soundtrack - not all to be played at once, mind you, probably best to start one at a time and used sparingly - that helps me give the big and little things up to Him. Listen at your own discretion.

Sufjan Stevens : Holy, Holy, Holy
Nichole Nordeman : Every Season
U2 : Yahweh
Sara Groves : Less Like Scars, When it was Over, Maybe There's a Loving God (take your pick, really)
Waterdeep : He Will Come
Jars of Clay : Water Under the Bridge
Rich Mullins : My Deliverer
Jennifer Knapp : Martyrs and Thieves
 
The end.
 

1 comment:

  1. are you okay now?

    That's funny that you should mention that smell. I thought it smelled BETTER than Alabama rain, but Scott thought it smelled the same. Funny that we are all processing that particular thing.

    be well. hope to see you soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS