"I sense you don't have the experience..."

21 October 2008

This has just been one of those weeks. 

You know, where you are faced with a big task that you know you can complete with hard work, tenacity, and a wee bit of luck. So you set to it... you hit a wall, you find your way over it, you set to it again... and then you hit another wall. You work through it, feel a small sense of accomplishment, get back to work again, and then... another wall. This wall is taller and a bit more jagged, and looks difficult to climb, but you do it! Hooray! Mini celebrations abound! You can do it!

And then, yet another wall. One wall too many.

This is the point where you just wanna crawl back into bed and pretend your life has gone back to normal. I would say that this last wall may be the one that does me in for good. "I sense you don't have the experience..." is what a professional recently told me. Perhaps, he is right.
 

3 comments:

  1. This last Sunday the pastor of our church here preached a great sermon on Colossians 4:17, about fulfilling the ministry that we have received from the Lord. From there, he referenced several verses, including I Cor. 1:26+...Brethren, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong....so that no one may boast before him...

    It got me thinking about missions and ministry, because as our pastor said, there are so many more people out there who are more qualified, more able, smarter, wealthier, etc...and yet God has called ME and YOU to this work!

    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you are not wise or anything :) and since I don't know the whole situation, not sure that these verses apply...but God is using you in your ministry regardless of your abilities and God will be strong where you lack...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry.

    I don't have anything else wonderful to say right now to sound nice. Just, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sounds like a big pile of muck here. But guess what? I have ALL the confidence in the world you will be standing atop this pile of muck, arms raised in triumph. You may look battered, beaten and bruised (perhaps even have a trickle of snot running down your face) but you will also look beautiful. So what if you don't have, or someone thinks you don't have, experience? Being called "inexperienced" is not a bad word. Now go climb that pile girl!!!

    c-lo

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS